Tasks:

  • SFX Pass: 5h 30m
  • Recording session: 1h
  • Bugfixing: 2h30m

Total Hours: 9 hours

Positives: 

AHHHH things are finally starting to come together! The team is firing on all cylinders and I was able to get 90% of the sound effects we need for the game – gathering, editing, and putting them in engine. Many of them have also been implemented, and it feels really good to see the placeholder audio die a painful death. WE’RE FINISHED RECORDING. Syd wrapped up with our voice actors last week, and Dan and I joined Shiloh in the studio yesterday to record a few last miscellaneous voice lines for the police chief and the jury lead. ALSO! Many bugs were fixed, including Mavis not handing the player the invitation and the characters getting stuck in the doorway. Also, the machine keys have snap capabilities now. Nice.

Negatives: 

We still have to fix SnapGrabbable so objects have gravity again when the player drops them, and I have a few more SFX to nab (note made in notepad, and the crunch for sticking in the flower labels, which I’ll be grabbing from STILL ON THE WATER since we already have a perfect sound for that). Additionally, I’ll be implementing the rest of everything, as it turns out spatialization for VR requires a little bit more than spatialization for a standard 3D game. The good thing is that I know what that little bit more entails and should easily be able to do that by next week.

Looking Ahead:

  • More SFX
  • More bugfixing
  • WIP build
  • Implement new tracks if I get them from the sound team.

Tasks:

  • UI Polish: 30m
  • Scene Lighting 13h
  • Scene Layout 1h
  • Video: 2.5h

Total Hours: 17 hours

Positives: 

Bringing the scene together and I’m pleased with how it’s turning out! Our game definitely looks better than it used to, and this helps the mood while playing. Video is in a good state for improvement.

Negatives: 

I am a bad procrastinator and I didn’t sleep well with all the lighting work. I spent a long time working on things that I ended up undoing, and disregarded that time. I should have had a stronger plan going into the task. That said, I eventually got through it, and I’m mostly happy with the results.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Finish Lighting
  • Fix Start Screen Bug
  • More promo stuff
Lighting WIP
Ditto
Showcase Draft Video

Tasks:
Madeline clothes work: 9h
Voice Line recording: 30m

Total Hours: 9h 30m

Positives:

I made Madeline super pretty, which is a very arbitrary way to describe her but I am very proud of the jacket I made in Clo 3d so I think it is somewhat warranted, or at least I hope that sentiment is. I also recorded the voice lines for the police chief so that is awesome! Saturday was probably the most productive day I ever had when it came to work, I was able to sit down and shell out the work needed to finish her clothes.MadelineOutfit

Negatives:

Hoooo boy, things really messed up this weekend. I wanted to finish Madeline by Monday but several things got in the way of that. I suffered a major migraine that debilitated me on Friday evening, shutting me out of commission for the entirety of the day after my classes were over which really sucks, I also had to go to my relatives for Easter Sunday so that basically erased my Sunday as an effective work day.

Looking Ahead:
Madeline and Vicktor, enough said.

Tasks:
Voice Line Entry with Syd: 2h

Total Hours: 2h

Positives:

For the majority of this week I was at my parents’ house watching their dog while they went to visit my grandparents. Unfortunately, this meant that I wasn’t at my computer and was basically out of commission for the week.

kk.gif

I did manage to do a couple hours of data entry with Sydney, where we ran my script to get all of the voice lines into the database, and then started going through the game and manually updating conversations. We got that about halfway done before we decided to call it a night, as I have a few more scripts and functions I’d like to make before we continue. There are a couple conversations and hints that are accessible in-game now, and we should be getting the rest of them into the game within the next week. Luckily, the script added the conversations to the database successfully, so that majorly cut down on the manual work we have to do.

Negatives:

I wasn’t really around last week, so I didn’t get a lot done. I should be around all of this week, and will be able to finish up putting the conversations into the game, among other things as needed.

Looking Ahead:
Bug fixing as needed
Finish adding conversations to game with Syd