We got the majority of the voice line mock up recordings done which is wonderful! I also nearly finished work on the Madeline model, if I was to estimate I would say that it is at least 70% done which is pretty good considering I’m terrified of modeling organic shapes. Joking aside I wasn’t able to finish the model last week, but I got very close, and I will be able to finish her in the next few days, using this knowledge to help me with the next model also.
Ya boy didn’t finish Madeline model. I am also sleep deprived, but I don’t know if thats related or not.
Things are still in motion for the There’s Been A Murder team. This week, we had several large deliverables due, and, despite several of our team members being focused on other projects this week due to a Drexel competition, we’re making great progress towards our goal.
Art is being created and bugs are being fixed.
We built a Work In Progress for our midterm presentation.
Oh, and we did a fun little update that features all of the bugs we’ve encountered thus far.
Up next for the team is continued programmatic polish, LOTS of art asset generation and scene population, and sound and PR – we have lots to do, but are confident we can handle it!
OH GOSH INTEL IS HAPPENING AND EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE
Polish puzzles: 15m
WIP build and video: 1h
Total Hours: 1h45m
OH GOSH. EVERYTHING IS SO MUCH.
Most of my time this week was dedicated to getting STILL ON THE WATER ready for Drexel’s internal competition for the Intel University Games Showcase. Fortunately, that hard work paid off, and the team for that game is headed to GDC!
Because of this, I didn’t make a lot of progress this week – and that’s something I know my teammates have also seen as four of us were involved in Monday’s competition. However, we are indeed fortunate – on the programming side, we’re in such good shape (thanks to Samara’s tireless work) that this isn’t really a setback. It’s strange to know that I can be super busy and still get sleep and the project will move forward. That said, I’ve now had two very light weeks in terms of progress in a row, and I want to be a good teammate/lead, so I look forward to diving back in seriously this week now that the internal competition is over and we can breathe for a minute before GDC happens.
Positives: This might be the easiest WIP I’ve ever put together. Everyone has been working really hard, and that shows when it comes time to hand things in. There’s very little frantic last-minute fixing, and I just have to cap everything off and send it in. Shoutout to my team for their hard work and for making this possible.
Negatives: As I mentioned above, I’ve now had two light weeks, which isn’t great. This week my primary game focus will be here instead of with STILL ON THE WATER, so I shoul dbe able to make better progress.
Also, since programming is in good shape, I might get pulled off that to work on some art things this week, which I’m looking forward to!
Hey this week we finished the rest of the concept orthos which is lit. now that we have those done I can also say that we have started character modeling in earnest which is awesome! Madeline is being modeled first with her mask and chest being done (albeit cut in half (I created all the characters in a way that the majority of their body parts can be duplicated to make it easier to model.)). So yeah. Things are coming along. Wooo!
Didn’t get as far into the modeling as I wanted to this week, but I have a good headway, good enough that i will comfortably be done by the end of the week if all things work well.
Finish Madeline model
Start Victor (Frenemy) Model