Hey, so don’t get too excited, a lot of this time I feel wasn’t as productive as it could’ve been. It was mostly me getting the form and details right. I also lost two of the images I was going to post because I didn’t save the photoshop documents like a fool and my computer shut off, deleting them. However, I have an earlier version of them that I will be updating and adding to this post later.
Positives: I was able to push through my anxiety and stress to get my work done! This work includes the concept and ortho of the countess and the elder and the concept art of the rival. I learned a whole lot about mechanical and metallic objects and how they work with color theory, so that was pretty cool also. I only have a little more work to get done in that regard and then I will be straight on to modeling, of which I know will be leagues easier than the conceptual work.
Negatives: I almost let myself slip this week, and while I definitely wasn’t able to get all of my work done this week I was able to identify the problem that was causing it, which was namely a strange and adverse reaction I have with high enough levels of anxiety. I also lost two of the images I was going to post because I didn’t save the photoshop documents like a fool and my computer shut off, deleting them. However, I have an earlier version of them that I will be updating and adding to this post later.
Looking Ahead: Finishing the ortho for the rival and touching up any designs I have to, starting the models in earnest.
We’re back! The Prediction Error team is getting back into the swing of things this week, with new art, detailed puzzle designs, and some nice quality-of-life updates on the programming side.
The player can no longer teleport outside the room, PLUS two new puzzles are being prototyped and coded!
Conceptual work is happening on both the puzzle design and art sides.
One Puzzle Document, this one for the Gallery Puzzle
A textless version of the puzzle map, using iconography to represent various puzzles.
Our fancy laboratory will be getting some new furnishing soon!
First iteration on fancy frames for the gallery puzzle.
A futuristic desk for the study.
PLUS so much more! We also took a little time from our schedules to have an evening of team bonding, where we got to get better acquainted with one another over food, drink, and good old Jackbox games.
It’s the start of a LONG term, so here’s hoping we can have strong momentum for the next nine weeks!
I procrastinated this week and I have no good excuse for having done so.
Positives: We have added VRBasics to the project! This asset package comes with some handy things like lever examples that means Samara and I can focus on the fun parts of dev, like doing stuff other people aren’t doing.
ALSO! While the gallery puzzle isn’t fully prototyped, I got to have my first foray into Oculus haptics, and I’m pleased to say it went (surprisingly) very smoothly! We have some nice pulsing vibrations as outlined by our design team that start to happen when the player gets close to the activated center gallery portrait (shown above)
I still have a week to get this baby polished and into the main scene, but I still have a LOT to do.
I met with the sound team as well, and they’re on track to complete work in line with our production schedule.
OH! And I did some outreach to a local casting agency about possibly getting some voice actors to do pro bono work for our project. More updates on this as that communication evolves.
Negatives: I needed to have gotten a lot more done this week that just didn’t happen, and that’s squarely on me. I’m still a little bit in vacation mode but that can’t happen any longer as we’re in the thick of production. Here’s to having a better, more productive week next week.
Finish up this gallery puzzle and get it in the main scene, as per production schedule.
Implement new tracks once I get them from the sound team.