Tasks:
Madeline clothes work: 9h
Voice Line recording: 30m

Total Hours: 9h 30m

Positives:

I made Madeline super pretty, which is a very arbitrary way to describe her but I am very proud of the jacket I made in Clo 3d so I think it is somewhat warranted, or at least I hope that sentiment is. I also recorded the voice lines for the police chief so that is awesome! Saturday was probably the most productive day I ever had when it came to work, I was able to sit down and shell out the work needed to finish her clothes.MadelineOutfit

Negatives:

Hoooo boy, things really messed up this weekend. I wanted to finish Madeline by Monday but several things got in the way of that. I suffered a major migraine that debilitated me on Friday evening, shutting me out of commission for the entirety of the day after my classes were over which really sucks, I also had to go to my relatives for Easter Sunday so that basically erased my Sunday as an effective work day.

Looking Ahead:
Madeline and Vicktor, enough said.

Hello again from the Prediction Error team! We’re still hard at work on There’s Been A Murder, doing scripting and modeling and recording and B U G F I X I N G and lots and lots of other things.

The big news, of course, is that we are ALMOST DONE with recording, and everything is on schedule! We’re thrilled to get these last items in, finish polishing everything else, and get on our way to that stage in June.

Tasks:

  • Fix characters walking into scene animation 2h
  • Meet with sound team 15m
  • Filler models 30m

Total Hours: 3h

The Navmesh is still a little wonky but is greatly improved.

Positives: While I didn’t log a lot of hours this week, the project is progressing well and making the build for our Work In Progress deliverable was very straightforward. Additionally, I’ve managed to make it so the characters walk in in a slightly less terrifying manner. They’re still not perfect, though, and I want to spend some time this week seeing what I can do to make that movement even better. Also, I met with Shiloh, one of our composers, to make sure we’re all still on the same page when it comes to music, and I got the chance this morning to listen to some of the new things he and Angus have been working on writing.

And I made a book.

I feel like Ellis was the type of person to keep around a bunch of heavy books just to make himself look smarter.

Negatives: I had a REALLY light week, which doesn’t make me feel great, especially seeing how hard the rest of the team has been working. This coming week, I plan to be more on top of what needs to be done and be more proactive about taking on tasks. However, I did manage to get a solid 5 hours of sleep the night before class, which is a plus.

Looking Ahead:  I’ll be doing an SFX pass and getting updated sound effects in this week, as well as continuing to fight with NavMesh, squashing any bugs that may arise, and implementing a whole boatload of new stuff as I get it from various people on the team.

Tasks:

  • Texture new scene items (100%) 3h
  • Revisit room texturing with newer moodboard 5hr

Total Hours: 8hr 

Positives: We have a pretty large spread of different tones and color palattes in our moodboards, and one newer image courtesy of Syd offered brighter colors that might make the room more readable. So this week, I created those materials, which were actually pretty similar to a previous art test.

Negatives: I left Philly this weekend because a family member is very sick, and so most of my Sproj work time was spent traveling and visiting instead. It’s not a very big negative though, all things considered. I still got some textures painted, in what I believe will be closer to final colors for the room visibility wise, and I also really needed to go see them sooner than later.

Looking Ahead: Iterating on the environment.