The weather is getting warmer and Senior Showcase is getting closer! We’ve been working hard to polish everything up for our big day. Lots of changes and updates were made to our showcase slidedeck and video, and we fixed the two biggest bugs in our game.

The player can now throw the DNA lamp in what is being hailed as a “groundbreaking feature.”

Our artists are hard at work finalizing everything from character models to the decorations in Ellis’ lab.

Plus, we have new media, like this showcase poster.

We’ll see you next week for final updates and individual postmortems!

Tasks:

  • Video – 3h
  • Poster – 3h
  • lighting – 4h
  • other junk – 1h 45m

Total Hours: 11.75 hours

Positives: 

Poster done. Game coming together well. I think I can fix lighting now. Great feedback from Glen. Making headway on next rev of slideshow and video.

Negatives: 

Lighting broke. Entire walls or sections would turn pitch black. I had to start over. Made me sad. I wanted to be done last week. Took priority because footage would need to be redone. I’m behind on so many things.

Looking Ahead: 

  • INSTRUCTIONAL GRAPHICS
  • INVITATION
  • LIGHTING FINISHED
  • UI IMPLEMENTED
  • SLIDE DECK THEME + CUSTOM SLIDES
  • FIX MY BRAIN
poster I made.

Ayyyyy Victor

Tasks:

  • Fixing Madeline: 5 hrs
  • Victor Clothes and Model: 12 hrs
  • Beauty Renders: 2hrs

Total Hours: 19 hrs

Positives: Okay, so here we are, nearly at the end. Madeline is finished, re-textured and implemented, which is awesome.

Victor is nearly done also which is great, he should be done by tomorrow.
unknown (3)image0

 

 

Negatives: I didn’t finish Victor this week, and I had some issues with fixing Madeline the previous week, but hopefully thatll be behind us soon.

Looking Ahead: Victor

Tasks:

  • Texture new scene items by week 8 (95%) 9h 30m
  • Total Hours: 9 hr 30m

Positives: I got a ton done this week, even though I missed basically a week from being sick. The machine got fully painted, and went through some initial iterations, baked, and implemented in game. The piano got textured, baked, and put in game. Textures on the machine also got baked and implemented. Really just about everything in our scene item model log is textured now, save maybe a side table or two.

piano in game

first iteration machine

second iteration

in game

Negatives: As a running theme, being sick for nearly a week wasn’t great at all, especially since I still have my other class work to do. That being said, I’m mainly satisfied by feeling better, and a lot got done this week too. Some pipeline issues pushed back texturing the bar some, but other than that, it’s just jars and small things that need in game materials.

Looking Ahead: Texturing more areas and adding in some VFX