Tasks: Madeline clothes work: 9h Voice Line recording: 30m
Total Hours: 9h 30m
I made Madeline super pretty, which is a very arbitrary way to describe her but I am very proud of the jacket I made in Clo 3d so I think it is somewhat warranted, or at least I hope that sentiment is. I also recorded the voice lines for the police chief so that is awesome! Saturday was probably the most productive day I ever had when it came to work, I was able to sit down and shell out the work needed to finish her clothes.
Hoooo boy, things really messed up this weekend. I wanted to finish Madeline by Monday but several things got in the way of that. I suffered a major migraine that debilitated me on Friday evening, shutting me out of commission for the entirety of the day after my classes were over which really sucks, I also had to go to my relatives for Easter Sunday so that basically erased my Sunday as an effective work day.
Positives: The implementation of voice lines is well underway!! Full conversations are active in the scene now, the characters talk out loud with indirect hints to puzzles, and the player has access to all evidence they need to solve the crime! I’ve also finished up the fake eye model to hand off to Cris along with a few more models to fill the room.
Negatives: We’re sweating and its GO TIME.
Looking Ahead: Finish piano model, finalize all voice lines in the game, work on other filler models.
Baking and implementing new room textures (100%) 4hr
Painting new blood streak 1hr (90%)
Blood particle effect 30 m (100%)
Total Hours: 10 hr 30m
Positives: Putting in the newer room colors brightens things up a bit, and will hopefully make the scene much easier to navigate, since now other objects can stand out against white instead of black, and details in the floor are easier to see since it has also been lightened (same as in the hallway). The new bloodstain was also really fun to paint, and I think will help telegraph what happened: it begins with a larger pool, and then smear marks leading to a smaller pool, with a particle effect dripping down from the ceiling. If read correctly, it should tell players where Harding was killed, dragged, and possibly where he is now.
Negatives: This is currently being troubleshot, but some of my OBJ files aren’t appearing in the project for anyone else. I’ve tried renaming and re-adding them, manually making sure git is tracking them, and other things. Not sure why it’s not working, but still trying to fix it.
Looking Ahead: Texturing more areas and adding in some VFX
Hello again from the Prediction Error team! We’re still hard at work on There’s Been A Murder, doing scripting and modeling and recording and B U G F I X I N G and lots and lots of other things.
The big news, of course, is that we are ALMOST DONE with recording, and everything is on schedule! We’re thrilled to get these last items in, finish polishing everything else, and get on our way to that stage in June.
Positives: One more recording session and WE HAVE ALL AUDIO!! Working with voice actors has been amazing and has gone pretty smoothly! The sounds guys have been super helpful in getting the studio for us and editing everything down. Samara made a cool thing to organize all the files in the database that I don’t fully understand but it’s easy for me to fill in and hand off to her.
Negatives: We got a bit set back in our last character model we need in, but I’ve already talked with Dan about how we can recover and drafted a concept for him real quick. And boy does this lad have a punch-able face.
Looking Ahead: finish database entry file, final voice recordings, finish eye model and camera model, flex where needed