Tasks:

  • UI Polish: 30m
  • Scene Lighting 13h
  • Scene Layout 1h
  • Video: 2.5h

Total Hours: 17 hours

Positives: 

Bringing the scene together and I’m pleased with how it’s turning out! Our game definitely looks better than it used to, and this helps the mood while playing. Video is in a good state for improvement.

Negatives: 

I am a bad procrastinator and I didn’t sleep well with all the lighting work. I spent a long time working on things that I ended up undoing, and disregarded that time. I should have had a stronger plan going into the task. That said, I eventually got through it, and I’m mostly happy with the results.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Finish Lighting
  • Fix Start Screen Bug
  • More promo stuff
Lighting WIP
Ditto
Showcase Draft Video

Tasks:

  • “First Room” Posters: 2h
  • UI Polish: 1h
  • Promo Updates:
    • Project Logo 30m
    • Shirt Finalization 20m
    • Informational Poster 2h
    • Key art setup and capture 40m
  • Puzzle Doc Revisions: 30m

Total Hours: 7 hours

Positives: 

PROMO MATERIALS WOOO. There’s still more to be done before the showcase, but there’s talks about ordering our materials now, and the lion’s share of the work is now complete. The team really came together this weekend and got a lot done. The game looks and plays much better as a result, and I’m excited for what we can do with our last few weeks on this project.

Negatives: 

We had to make more cuts this week. Of note are the loss of the cylinder puzzle and the current version of the gallery puzzle. For a short experience, it makes sense, but I am somewhat discouraged at how simplistic many of our puzzles have become. On a positive note, however, it took away a lot of frustration for players, which is great.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Final UI pass
  • Gallery Shader
  • Scene Lighting
Instructional Poster for our starting room

Tasks:

  • Video: 4 hours
  • Start Screen Update: 5 hours
  • Camera Holograms: 3 hours

Total Hours: 12 hours

Positives: 

Got a lot done this week. Excited for the break, and I’m glad I finally caught up to where I wanted to be.

Negatives: 

I’m tird. I didn’t get to clues or the notebook UI, but I have ideas for both that I want to get done over break.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Polish
  • Notebook UI
  • Clues

Tasks:

  • Promo Materials: 3h
  • Implement And Test All UI Assets: 2h
  • Finalize All UI Needs for Main Scene: 2h

Total Hours: 7h

Positives: 

Got promo stuff done this week, making some more progress towards having solid promotional assets for next term, along with more UI assets. The start menu exists, but will be polished further very soon. Conversations look a bit nicer, as well.

Negatives: 

Getting close to the end of the term, and getting stressed about keeping up. I had to spend a good amount of time this week just figuring out how to do what I wanted to do instead of actually doing it, and it’s too late in the term for that to happen. Luckily, it means that this last week is going to be a good one.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Camera Hologram
  • Notebook UI
  • Clues

Tasks:

  • Swimming

Total Hours: 0h

Positives: 

Finally done with swimming. Have time now. Got some sketches done for puzzles, and going to spend this week refining them into proper designs that we can use to help guide players around our space.

Negatives: 

Didn’t have time to work on the project.

Looking Ahead: 

  • UI Completion
    • Menus
    • Dialog
    • Interaction hints
  • UI Cleanup
  • UX Design
    • Room Layout, LoS, etc.
Player Cartridge Sketch