Happy Spring! Philadelphia is warming up and the Prediction Error team has been sighted outdoors as the project moves towards the finish line.

We have a new promo video!

Plus, all of our voice lines have been recorded, lighting and sound effects are in progress, and we’re all very excited to wrap things up.

You’ll be seeing more and more promotional material on this page in the coming weeks, and keep an eye out for more details about our Senior Showcase, slated for June 2nd!


  • SFX Pass: 5h 30m
  • Recording session: 1h
  • Bugfixing: 2h30m

Total Hours: 9 hours


AHHHH things are finally starting to come together! The team is firing on all cylinders and I was able to get 90% of the sound effects we need for the game – gathering, editing, and putting them in engine. Many of them have also been implemented, and it feels really good to see the placeholder audio die a painful death. WE’RE FINISHED RECORDING. Syd wrapped up with our voice actors last week, and Dan and I joined Shiloh in the studio yesterday to record a few last miscellaneous voice lines for the police chief and the jury lead. ALSO! Many bugs were fixed, including Mavis not handing the player the invitation and the characters getting stuck in the doorway. Also, the machine keys have snap capabilities now. Nice.


We still have to fix SnapGrabbable so objects have gravity again when the player drops them, and I have a few more SFX to nab (note made in notepad, and the crunch for sticking in the flower labels, which I’ll be grabbing from STILL ON THE WATER since we already have a perfect sound for that). Additionally, I’ll be implementing the rest of everything, as it turns out spatialization for VR requires a little bit more than spatialization for a standard 3D game. The good thing is that I know what that little bit more entails and should easily be able to do that by next week.

Looking Ahead:

  • More SFX
  • More bugfixing
  • WIP build
  • Implement new tracks if I get them from the sound team.

Hello again from the Prediction Error team! We’re still hard at work on There’s Been A Murder, doing scripting and modeling and recording and B U G F I X I N G and lots and lots of other things.

The big news, of course, is that we are ALMOST DONE with recording, and everything is on schedule! We’re thrilled to get these last items in, finish polishing everything else, and get on our way to that stage in June.


  • Fix characters walking into scene animation 2h
  • Meet with sound team 15m
  • Filler models 30m

Total Hours: 3h

The Navmesh is still a little wonky but is greatly improved.

Positives: While I didn’t log a lot of hours this week, the project is progressing well and making the build for our Work In Progress deliverable was very straightforward. Additionally, I’ve managed to make it so the characters walk in in a slightly less terrifying manner. They’re still not perfect, though, and I want to spend some time this week seeing what I can do to make that movement even better. Also, I met with Shiloh, one of our composers, to make sure we’re all still on the same page when it comes to music, and I got the chance this morning to listen to some of the new things he and Angus have been working on writing.

And I made a book.

I feel like Ellis was the type of person to keep around a bunch of heavy books just to make himself look smarter.

Negatives: I had a REALLY light week, which doesn’t make me feel great, especially seeing how hard the rest of the team has been working. This coming week, I plan to be more on top of what needs to be done and be more proactive about taking on tasks. However, I did manage to get a solid 5 hours of sleep the night before class, which is a plus.

Looking Ahead:  I’ll be doing an SFX pass and getting updated sound effects in this week, as well as continuing to fight with NavMesh, squashing any bugs that may arise, and implementing a whole boatload of new stuff as I get it from various people on the team.

It’s been a HUGE week here at Prediction Error, with new content coming in from every part of the team. We’re working hard to get the project wrapped up and ready to go in time for all of our various deadlines.

This means new textures, new models, and new lighting, as well as a whole slew of bugfixes as we finalize our puzzles and finish up work!