Tasks:

  • Showcase Deck Revision: 3h
  • Bugfixing: 4h
  • Playtest: 1h30m
  • Balance Victor Audio: 1h
  • Spatialize Police Chief Sound: 5m

Total Hours: 9h30m

Positives: 

Spent lots of time in-engine this week doing a whole bunch of things. I’ve figured out where our major NavMesh bug is happening, which is good – I know where I need to start from when fixing it this week. Joe and I took sound balancing off of Sydney’s plate so she can breathe for once in her life and not implode before the showcase. Additionally, we made some major upgrades to our showcase deck and I’m looking forward to showing it off in class. I also managed to get one person in-headset to help us find bugs, which is always nice. The sound team has promised me 4 or 5 new tracks this coming week, so I’ll also be working to implement those.

This is, uh…not supposed to happen.
What even are animations
Madeline, that’s not how human bodies are supposed to work

Negatives: 

I am concerned the NavMesh bug might only be able to be resolved by rethinking how we handle it, which will take a good deal of time and is not an ideal situation. Also, midterms ate my life. There are never not bugs to fix. I might enlist Samara to help with Navmesh if she’s available so I don’t actually commit a murder while working on it.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Finish police chief scene
  • Cut together and balance Ellis audio
  • Fix Navmesh
  • Help Sydney set dress
  • Revise showcase deck
  • Implement music from sound team

It’s never not a busy week at Prediction Error, and this has been no exception. Week Six starts the final push for digital media senior project teams, so our days have been filled with art finalization, bugfixing, and marketing preparation.

Samara and Erin have been hard at work tackling an ongoing list of “to-dos” spanning everything from non-player characters exhibiting slightly broken behaviors to makin interactions more satisfying for our players.

We’re working to polish the VR interaction portion of our experience to make sure it’s satisfying and fun for our players.

Sydney, Dan, and Chris have been working to complete the beautiful space our players get to move around, with new models and textures coming into the game frequently.

Joe has been working on new UI designs and handling PR visuals as we look towards public-facing events such as the senior expo.

A new conversation UI is in progress.

Next week is more of the same – polish, polish, polish, and get our final presentable items ready for June 2.

Oh, we’re screaming all the way to graduation.

Tasks:

  • Bugfixing/Polish: 5h
  • Hang poster: 1h
  • Showcase deck: 2h
  • Clean mocap data: 1h30m

Total Hours: 9 hours 30 minutes

Positives: 

Everything is happening! I’m getting new material on an almost daily basis to put into the game, and things are looking really, really good. I spent a bunch of time bugfixing this week, and Samara and I have been splitting up tasks left and right to make sure every bug gets addressed. I’ve got my hands on a bunch of new stuff to put in this week as well, and I’m looking forward to seeing all these goodies get into our game.

“You’ve opened frequently”

Negatives: 

There’s still work to do! We’re all tired, midterms have pushed us to our breaking points, and graduation is so close but so far. It’s a matter of somehow forcing ourselves to just get it done.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Bugfixing, polish
  • Keep putting stuff in

Happy midterms! It’s been another busy week here at Prediction Error, with playtesting, modeling, and lots and lots of bugfixes!

We’re currently in the process of getting the last few things we need into the game so we can wrap up in time for the June 2nd showcase. All that’s left to do are some model imports, small fixes, and minor features and UI updates, which will all be coming in the next few weeks.


We’ll see you on the other side!

MIDTERMS!

We’re sprinting (or flinging)

Tasks:

  • Machine Model Smoothing – 1h30m
  • SFX work – 1h
  • Police Chief ccene – 1h
  • Playtest Prep & Host – 4h
  • Hook up new corpse model – 1h
  • WIP build – 30m

Total Hours: 9 hours

Positives: 

THE GAME IS COMING TOGETHER! I’m getting my hands on more and more things to get the final versions into the scene and get this game looking and running as best as it can. We ran a great playtest with some of Samara’s coworkers, which gave us insights into how people who have never played the game before react to it. I’m currently planning another test with brand-new players for this weekend.

Negatives: 

Lots of stuff got to me on the late side and didn’t make it in to this week’s build because, to be frank, it was 2 AM and I decided to prioritize getting sleep. Here’s to not letting school get in the way of my health. There’s still work to do.

Looking Ahead: 

  • Bugfixing, polish
  • Implementing ALL OF THE THINGS!