- Program Animations: 3h
- Bugfixing Piano Puzzle: Forthcoming
- Machine Greybox: 30m
- Sound Team Meeting: 1h
- Accusation Lights: 15m
- Deliverables: 30m
I’m back! Worked this week to get all of the lovely mocap work the team did onto our characters, with very satisfying results. We still need to get the rest of Madeline’s animations cleaned, so that’ll probably end up on my docket for the upcoming week.
Positives: The animation programming process went VERY smoothly. I found a way to streamline the process AFTER I lost about an hour’s worth of work due to my own failures repository-wise, and I got really good at making things happen FAST. Additionally, I met with the sound team to get them into the headset and have them experience the game for the first time. They’ll be getting me more music this week, and it was great to show them VR for the first time. Programming is in such good shape that both Samara and I have been pulled off to work on other things (aside from general bugfixing) – me to art and her to writing – so that’ll be my primary focus in the upcoming week. Finally, I had 15 minutes to put together a quick preliminary prefab with red lights to activate once the player starts an accusation to denote that this is a Big Deal.
Negatives: I didn’t get to finalize the machine model this week due to a combination of other obligations and not getting the sketches I needed soon enough to work on a final model. Now that I have the sketches and a greybox, I’ll be able to have a final model in by next week. Also, GDC is coming up so that’s a big thing that’s in my brain at all times.
- SET DRESSING
- Machine Model
- Piano Model
- Work with art team to get final character models into engine