Samara Painter, PPJ, Winter Week 7

Tasks:
Finish Adding Dialogue/Hints to Scene: 3h45m
Mocap Work: 3h45m
Play Test Setup/Cleanup: 2h15m

Total Hours: 9h45m

Positives:

The problems we had with adding in the dialogue last week turned out to be not too bad to fix, so Sydney and I were able to successfully add the rest of the recorded dialogue to the scene before we had our play test. I’ve included some of it here, including conversations you can just have with NPCs and hints that are given by them on a timed basis. There’s a couple more conversations/hints that I didn’t include in the video, so that it wasn’t unnecessarily long.

On Friday I helped record our mocap data for our character animations. I don’t know a lot about how to work with motion capture, but I was happy to help in any way I could! This meant that I was primarily moral support, until I got in the suit to record Madeline’s animations.

mocap.gif

On Sunday we had a large play test with some other senior project teams. Erin and I had pep band obligations, so we were mostly there for the set up and clean up portions of the day. Based on the notes Sydney took, I’ll have some more bugs to fix in the upcoming week! Overall, it seemed to go well.

Negatives:

This week went pretty smoothly as far as most things are concerned. I do wish that there wasn’t a basketball game Sunday so I could’ve been there for the whole play test, but these things happen.

Looking Ahead:
Bug Fixing as Needed
Update piano cylinder puzzle
Update gallery puzzle

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s