In Which I Scream at SourceTree and Get A Little Bit Sick
- Polish exisitng puzzles: 2h
- Complete master branch merge: 2h
- Implement All New Models: 30m
Total Hours: 4h30m
A light week over here in Erin’s world. I was lucky that I didn’t have a ton on my docket this week because I can down with some sort of very short mystery illness during Monday night, my primary work time on this project. However, I’m happy to report that
Positives: Good progress is being made, particularly one the code side of things. We’re cleaning up the broken pieces, and, even when Samara and I spend our free time batting ideas back and forth about WHY THE STUPID WALLS DON’T WORK, we generally find a solution somehow. I’m also thrilled to see some of our art getting in-scene. I got Chris’s camera back in the project for Samara’s usage, got my hands dirty in Sourcetree fighting to get our master branch updated in a clean way (shoutout to Samara for doing most of that work last week!), and added some sound framework and label snapping to some of our puzzles. They’re little quality of life updates that don’t take very long, but they’re what keeps the player feeling like their choices matter.
I also like knowing that, though I don’t report the hours here, I’ve been in touch with the team all week collaborating on debugging, branch maintenance, and everything else – while I never sit down to do administration, it’s always on my mind – I’ve even talked about puzzles with Samara during basketball games.
Negatives: I overlooked that we had marketing materials due this week, and was lucky that the art team was on board to generate those assets quickly. Additionally, I didn’t post a status table into our team discord until much too late in the week, and there were misunderstandings between the leadership and the art team, which we have already taken steps to remedy.
- MOAR POLISH
- Get more art assets in
- New sound, if we have new music from our sound team
- WIP build